The concept is simple: color selection is a snap with Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes! These underglazes offer a multitude of vibrant fired ceramic colors in a balanced palette of compatible hues in light, bright and dark options, making color selection easy. Whether it’s your first time or your hundredth!
Concepts Underglazes have a versatile formula that allows for translucent designs with one coat and solid coverage with three. They’re also nontoxic and food-safe with the application of three solid coats or when a food-safe clear glaze is applied over them. Concepts colors work beautifully with other Duncan products, including French Dimensions™, Satin Glazes®, Crystals™, Glazes, and Courtyard™ Art Glazes.
Colors are available in 2-oz. and 8-oz. squeeze bottles, and assorted colors are offered in gallons.
How to use Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque
1. Apply to shelf cone 04 bisque.
2. Fire to shelf cone 06.
3. Clean up with water.
4. For clear glaze application, brush-on or dip clear glaze over Concepts.
5. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
6. Water clean-up.
Tips & Techniques
1. For Majolica, apply Concepts designs over 3 coats of SN 352 White Satin.
2. For quick and easy solid coverage, try the drop 'n fill technique. Generously load a #6 or #8 round brush with Concepts and drop color onto desired area. Let dry.
3. Concepts colors mix and blend easily. Be creative and mix your own blend using two or more Concept colors.
4. Concepts works well up to cone 5-6.
For high fire applications, we recommend firing a test piece because high fire clays vary.
Discontinued Duncan Glazes are available only while current stock is available. No Backorders.
Duncan Discount 40% Off
2 oz. was $ 3.80 Now $ 2.28
8 oz. was $ 9.70 Now $ 5.82
Discounted Price shown below
(offer may not be combined with other discounts)