Foundations Cone 06/05 glazes are available in a broad assortment of colors, opacities and textures.
They easily serve as the basic "foundation" glaze for any ceramic studio - be that in a school, home or retail studio.
Stock numbers that contain the prefix “FN-0XX” are opaque glazes, those with the prefix “FN-2XX” are Sheer (transparent and semi transparent glazes), while those that have the prefix “FN-3XX are Matte glaze.
Product Features and Attributes
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous and food safe
- Self Leveling Formula - glaze glides smoothly on bisque; no brush strokes will appear in the fired finish
- Steadfast Application - Foundations will not dissolve or "pick up" previous coats of glaze
- Stable, Non Moving Base - perfect for decorating upon, as with Majolica techniques
- Intermixable - new shades can be created by mixing Foundation glazes with each other
- Dries Quickly - speeds up your ability to handle or perform additional decorating
- High Gloss Finish - does not need to be clear glazed
The following application recommendations are based upon the original product development intent and use for the product.
Shake for 5-6 seconds before use. Dispense glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) and apply with your brush or decorating accessory of choice (sponge, stamp, etc.).
Foundations Opaque glazes were designed to mature at a shelf cone 06 (999° C). When applying Foundations over a large surface area we recommend a broad, soft brush, such as a Soft Fan Brush. Try to get the brush fully saturated (loaded) and apply each coat in the same direction.
Make sure the glaze has dried thoroughly prior to firing. A medium ramp/firing rate is recommended (250°F per hour).
Foundation Basics are available in 4 oz. Pints and Gallons.
20% Off 12 or more.
10% Off 6 or more.
Mix and match, same size
Discount is applied after check-out
(offer may not be combined with other discounts)